Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“I absolutely see myself going back home to Liberia. It’s the place where I can have the biggest effect, where I can do the most work, it’s where I’m most passionate. And I can see myself going into politics in my country. I miss my family and food there! My favorite food is palm butter stew. You can buy palm butter at the local African store.” - McSwain Forkoh, First Year MPP Student at Sanford •
•McSwain Forkoh’s Recipe for Palm Butter Soup •
•Ingredients: ½ can of palm butter, Chicken cubed into bite size pieces(or meat of choice), 1 Maggie Cube (bouillon cube), 1 habanero pepper (optional), Dash of black pepper, Water (not too much, use at your discretion) •
•Instructions: Combine all ingredients in pot and cook at medium heat for 30-45 minutes. Stir regularly. Add water if necessary (depends on your ideal consistency).

“I absolutely see myself going back home to Liberia. It’s the place where I can have the biggest effect, where I can do the most work, it’s where I’m most passionate. And I can see myself going into politics in my country. I miss my family and food there! My favorite food is palm butter stew. You can buy palm butter at the local African store.” – McSwain Forkoh, First Year MPP Student at Sanford •
•Instructions: Combine all ingredients in pot and cook at medium heat for 30-45 minutes. Stir regularly. Add water if necessary (depends on your ideal consistency). #HumansofDukeSanford #MPP