Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“Professor Ken Rogerson was like, ‘This is something that might interest you.’ I was like, ‘Well, I don’t know 100% what I am going to do after graduation, and it doesn’t hurt to have an advanced degree.’ So [the 4+1 program] seemed to make sense for me. I always took an extra class each semester as an undergrad (that doesn’t cost anything extra) and at the time, I thought maybe I’d graduate early. The hardest thing for me was -- in senior year, most of my friends were in chill mode, and I was also a senior, but I was just starting my master’s, too. I was worried coming in, that being an undergrad, I would be the youngest in the MPP class; everyone else has experience in careers like teaching, the military, and non-profit management. But it hasn’t been a problem at all. I’ve learned so much from people who have experiences I lack. So yeah, it’s one more year, but I’ll be graduating at 22 with a master’s degree. Not many people can say that. -Yash Bajaj PPS’19 / MPP’20 Yash will complete both his undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years through Sanford’s 4+1 Accelerated Master of Public Policy program.

“Professor Ken Rogerson was like, ‘This is something that might interest you.’ I was like, ‘Well, I don’t know 100% what I am going to do after graduation, and it doesn’t hurt to have an advanced degree.’ So [the 4+1 program] seemed to make sense for me. I always took an extra class each semester as an undergrad (that doesn’t cost anything extra) and at the time, I thought maybe I’d graduate early. The hardest thing for me was — in senior year, most of my friends were in chill mode, and I was also a senior, but I was just starting my master’s, too. I was worried coming in, that being an undergrad, I would be the youngest in the MPP class; everyone else has experience in careers like teaching, the military, and non-profit management. But it hasn’t been a problem at all. I’ve learned so much from people who have experiences I lack. So yeah, it’s one more year, but I’ll be graduating at 22 with a master’s degree. Not many people can say that. -Yash Bajaj PPS’19 / MPP’20 Yash will complete both his undergraduate and master’s degrees in five years through Sanford’s 4+1 Accelerated Master of Public Policy program. #HumansofDukeSanford #Undergrad #MPP