Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“An odyssey is a journey and I like to take my listeners through a bit of a journey through different kinds of music. I love discovering new music! You know - when you’re a teenager, [music is] a very big part of discovering your identity and finding yourself.  When we moved to Durham, NC from San Francisco and I became a professor here at the Sanford School I saw an ad saying, ‘We’re looking for DJ’s,’ so I jumped at the chance. I had never DJ’d before. I’ve been doing this for two years now and even though I still consider myself an amateur, I love it! For two hours out of the week I get to curate a selection of music that I think sounds exciting, inspiring, energizing and if one or two people hear a track or two that makes them go ‘Wow!’ and go online to find out what it is and it inspires them to find a new artist and get into that artist, it makes me feel really good.” – Gavin Yamey, Professor of the Practice of Global Health and Public Policy
Tune into Professor G’s Musical Odyssey every Thursday from 4-6pm on WXDU, 88.7 FM or wxdu.org

“An odyssey is a journey and I like to take my listeners through a bit of a journey through different kinds of music. I love discovering new music! You know – when you’re a teenager, [music is] a very big part of discovering your identity and finding yourself.  When we moved to Durham, NC from San Francisco and I became a professor here at the Sanford School I saw an ad saying, ‘We’re looking for DJ’s,’ so I jumped at the chance. I had never DJ’d before. I’ve been doing this for two years now and even though I still consider myself an amateur, I love it! For two hours out of the week I get to curate a selection of music that I think sounds exciting, inspiring, energizing and if one or two people hear a track or two that makes them go ‘Wow!’ and go online to find out what it is and it inspires them to find a new artist and get into that artist, it makes me feel really good.” – Gavin Yamey, Professor of the Practice of Global Health and Public Policy
Tune into Professor G’s Musical Odyssey every Thursday from 4-6pm on WXDU, 88.7 FM or wxdu.org #HumansofDukeSanford #Faculty