Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

Anant: 20 years back, we both studied in the same engineering college. But there was a difference of two to three years.
.
Rajkumar: He was senior to me in the college so we never interacted there. The first time we met here, we said, ‘You’re from which college?’ ‘Oh, really? I’m also from the same college!’.
.
Anant: I’ve worked in the government of India for more than 18 years. When you enter a senior position, you want to learn more about international government plans and polices across the globe. This program gives a good picture of what, internationally, are the policies and instruments being used in different countries: how they are solving problems and what we can learn from them.
.
Rajkumar: I’m also from the government service. One of the biggest benefits of doing this program is that we have colleagues from almost 23 or 24 countries. Learning from  their experiences and their countries’ experiences is a big gain for us. There is also sense of responsibility. The policies we make as senior bureaucrats in our country—they affect a lot of people. They affect poor people and they are designed for the poor people.
.
-Rajkumar Beniwal (left) and Anant Pandy (right) are first and second year Master of International Development Policy candidates, respectively.

.
.
.
Rajkumar: I’m also from the government service. One of the biggest benefits of doing this program is that we have colleagues from almost 23 or 24 countries. Learning from their experiences and their countries’ experiences is a big gain for us. There is also sense of responsibility. The policies we make as senior bureaucrats in our country—they affect a lot of people. They affect poor people and they are designed for the poor people.
.
-Rajkumar Beniwal (left) and Anant Pandy (right) are first and second year Master of International Development Policy candidates, respectively. #humansofdukesanford #MIDP