Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

”I am working as an Economic Consultant in the Office of the World Bank’s Managing Director, Operations, within the Global Reimbursable Advisory Services Unit. Specifically, I work with a team to do portfolio analysis to increase effectiveness of the World Bank operational program as well as to improve the Bank’s support to client countries to achieve their own development goals. We take a look stock of the recent experiences, draw lessons from those engagements, and lay the foundations for a wider RAS strategy for the Bank’s advisory services, and make sure that the programs the Bank provides to the country are as effective as possible.
.
I take a global view in my role under the Managing Director Office, but because I have expertise vis a vis the language and the region, I also do cross-support for the Global Health Practice Groups’ team in the Europe and Central Asia region through analytical work, and the Bank’s financing instrument – Investment Project Financing.
.
You may have seen that a couple days ago that the World Bank launched COVID-19 emergency support for countries that are struggling with the impact of coronavirus on the poor and vulnerable. Right now I am working with the Global Health Practice team to prepare and help implement a lending project for the country of Georgia for their coronavirus response. The money will allow them to increase their health capacity and to purchase ICU beds, PPE and other supplies that they need to tackle the virus.”
~Parviz Ahmadov MIDP’18, Economic Consultant in the Office of the CEO at the World Bank

#SanfordAlumni
.
.
#MIDP