Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“Duke took a young man who didn’t know his path and gave him so many opportunities, through work-study jobs and internships. My through line is about problem-solving, and that’s what Sanford taught me. My career moves have been about solving problems for my communities.”

Derek Rhodes PPS ’15 has worked with the Obama Foundation, Miami Heat, Google and Microsoft. Now he is back in Durham and founded a non-profit, Durham Success Summit (DDS), dedicated to providing mentorship and the tools for success to young Black men.  
This year we are celebrating 50 years of public policy at Duke! Want to be part of the 50th celebration? Use to share your story!

Derek Rhodes PPS ’15 has worked with the Obama Foundation, Miami Heat, Google and Microsoft. Now he is back in Durham and founded a non-profit, Durham Success Summit (DDS), dedicated to providing mentorship and the tools for success to young Black men. #HumansofDukeSanford #ForeverDuke #DukePolicy50

This year we are celebrating 50 years of public policy at Duke! Want to be part of the 50th celebration? Use #WhyPublicPolicyMatters to share your story!