Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“So I won a contest that looks for new ideas for ‘blind spots’ in international development. (It was beginner’s luck, I didn’t think it would be that good!) Coming from Indonesia, I worked for the government in forestry. In Indonesia, one of the biggest issues is deforestation. It’s one of the top deforesters in the world. We don’t have the capacity to enforce or monitor rules. So I proposed the idea of using drones. I am grateful that this idea is that good enough [that it would win the contest.] It gives the idea credibility. I told everyone back home, ‘Hey, it’s working!’ [The drone project] will be my baby, but it won’t be my only baby. Hopefully there are a lot more ideas.” - Adi Pradana, MPP'16 #

“So I won a contest that looks for new ideas for ‘blind spots’ in international development. (It was beginner’s luck, I didn’t think it would be that good!) Coming from Indonesia, I worked for the government in forestry. In Indonesia, one of the biggest issues is deforestation. It’s one of the top deforesters in the world. We don’t have the capacity to enforce or monitor rules. So I proposed the idea of using drones. I am grateful that this idea is that good enough [that it would win the contest.] It gives the idea credibility. I told everyone back home, ‘Hey, it’s working!’ [The drone project] will be my baby, but it won’t be my only baby. Hopefully there are a lot more ideas.” – Adi Pradana, MPP’16 # #HumansofDukeSanford #MPP