Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

I study climate change policy at Sanford. When I was an undergrad, I knew I was interested in public policy but I didn’t know which area specifically. A lot of senior students that I knew from Model United Nations did internships with the Nature Conservancy in Beijing, China. That was my first internship and I learned a lot about the environment and climate change. I feel like the best part of Sanford is that everything that I learn here is practical. I can imagine using the tools I learn in class in the jobs I will be doing in the future. In undergrad, I felt like my International Relations classes were too theoretical, and there was a while where I felt lost because I didn’t know how to apply what I learned to what I wanted to do. Whereas at Sanford, I can actually picture using these tools in my future job and it gives me an idea of what my future job might entail. – Cihang Yuan MPP ‘17 #HumansofDukeSanford #MPP