Press "Enter" to skip to content

Humans of Duke Sanford

“Something that I never really thought I would be interested in is getting a firm understanding of tax policy. Prof. Cory Krupp in the upper level foundations course for the MPP program, was able to teach us a lot about the Earned Income Tax Credit, and that wowed me. I don’t know why but I love the Earned Income Tax Credit. The fact that it is trapezoid-shaped in nature helps alleviate poverty at a number of levels and doesn’t have a “cliff” like other social benefit programs do made me really analyze a lot of other public service programs. How can current inefficiencies in the way that this work is being done for Medicaid or SSI or anything else borrow the lessons that were learned from the implementation of the Earned Income Tax Credit? So that’s something I didn’t really think I would be excited about but I really like it.”
.
— Louie Scola, MPP ‘20
#MPPatDuke #HumansofDukeSanford #MPP

.
— Louie Scola, MPP ‘20
#MPPatDuke #HumansofDukeSanford #MPP